Transform The Energy Efficiency Of Your Home For Increased All Year Comfort With Lucinda Flynn
The Yarra Valley Community Power Hub is proud to offer a range of services to help upgrade the energy efficiency of our homes in the Greater Yarra Valley and Ranges region. At our FREE webinar on Monday 13 December, 7.30 – 9.00pm join us to learn from our expert speakers all about what we mean by Home Energy Efficiency and the offers we have available for our local communities.
These services are:
- Home Energy Efficiency Advisory Program – you can choose either a professional service for an advisor to visit your home for a fee or a FREE service from one of our trained home energy efficiency community advisors
- FREE energy efficiency products with FREE installation to upgrade the energy efficiency of products in your homes and to reduce your energy bills. ABSOLUTELY FREE (Victorian Government Energy Upgrade Program) brought to you by the YV-CPHub
- Training at Box Hill Institute (Lilydale Campus) to become a voluntary home energy efficiency advisor for your local community energy group (we can introduce you to your local group!)
- Are you interested in the growing phenomenon of community renewable energy in Australia and internationally. Attend a short course at a local Community House or Neighbourhood House in Nillumbik, Emerald or Pakenham.
- Want a DIY solution to home energy efficiency? Why not try out the home energy efficiency kits available through the Eastern Regional Libraries compliments of three local councils – Knox, Maroondah and Yarra Ranges.
- Reverse Cycle Air Conditioning Community Bulk Buy – Partnering with Air Fusion we’re helping heating and cooling your house more efficient and affordable!
Lucinda Flynn will launch the YV-CPHub Home Energy Efficiency Program. She is a certified Home Energy Efficiency Assessor who works professionally in the field. She will also be the teacher at the Box Hill Institute training course for our community home energy efficiency advisory volunteers, a course which she has developed specifically for the YV-CPHub and the Box Hill Institute. Lucinda will inform us about home energy efficiency and what we householders can do to increase the energy efficiency and decrease the carbon footprint of our homes, creating lower energy bills and more comfortable homes all year round, but particularly in extreme weather conditions.
Lucinda will be supported by YV-CPHub Executive Officer Jeff Barlow.
Lucinda, with her husband Sean, are the founders of the business Going Green Solutions in Hurstbridge. The desire to provide eco-friendly products for the home, as well as promoting the exciting possibilities of biodegradable catering ware, continues to create the unique story of Going Green Solutions.Passion for the planet is the bottom line – which is why Going Green Solutions is not only a retail business, it is also a Community Hub for recycling and other programs, and provides community education. The business has received many awards over the years!
Lucinda has presented on a range of sustainability and energy efficiency topics at many schools, organisations and businesses, and is a fully trained Energy Assessor with a Certificate IV in Home Sustainability Assessing from Swinburne University. She is Accredited as a Victorian Residential Energy Scorecard Assessor, as well as offering private energy assessments and audits.
Jeff will be the supporting speaker at this event. He is Executive Officer of the YV-CPHub and the founder and current President of the community energy group, Healesville Community Renewable Energy Inc (Healesville CoRE). Jeff will outline the work of community energy groups, how this work is being supported by the Yarra Valley Community Power Hub, with grant funding from the Victorian Government through Sustainability Victoria. He will help you to understand how you can take part in the YV-CPHub Home Energy Efficiency Program.
Jeff has had a lifelong interest in the sustainability of the natural environment and the place of human beings in that environment. He has dedicated his life to education with the firmly held conviction that it is through education and lifelong learning, both formal and informal, that our planet and all life on this planet, can become sustainable.
DON’T DELAY!! This exciting event is expected to be strongly subscribed. Please register without delay! If you cannot attend on the night, register your interest and we will notify you when the free video of the event will be available.